Wednesday 11 May 2016

Reflective Journal - book cover

- My work in two weeks ago was design a book cover. In the class, I learnt how to design a book cover through examples and tutor analysed book cover needed. Moreover, researching information from website designer which help us what the purpose of the book cover.


- In the first week, I found information about architecture book and got an idea to development. Before I started I went to the city centre and took a picture. To forward, I used software to develop the idea such as CAD and photoshop. When I improve my idea I continue to research book cover from the internet and compare it with my product. Moreover, I went to some architect's website to find the slogan of famous architects and take it in my back book cover.


- In the second week, I continue to development and tried to print it. After I printed it I put it in another book  and I have a result.

This is a final piece book cover!


This image is photograph taking by owner of the blog ( 11/05/2016)

It is suitable for a book.

In my opinion, I realise my product has some good point such as the design in front creates a strong architecture. However, when I try to cover a book that can not keep in the book if it doesn't have flaps. Therefore, when I cut it out, I create a flap which will keep the book.


This image is photograph taking by owner of the blog ( 11/05/2016)


This image is photograph taking by owner of the blog ( 11/05/2016)


Next, from my lesson, I think I learn a carefully when I design a project. I do not only focus on a size the book I need but also think about how it cover and keep on the book.




No comments:

Post a Comment